The most-asked questions ... and answers
How does it work?
- Book your session with me by paying the session fee and picking your shoot date.
- We'll get together shortly thereafter at my studio or by Skype or phone to plan your custom session, including what to wear.
- On your session day, you'll arrive at my studio at 10am. I'll help you finalize your 3 looks, then you'll have your hair and makeup done by an ah-mazing artist. Mimosa?
- When you've approved your styling, I walk you through some posing practice, and then we get started with photography! I photograph you in 3 looks. You're out the door around 2:30pm.
- You come back to the studio about 1 week after your shoot for your Big Reveal and Ordering Appointment. You'll see your fully retouched images, select your favorites, decide what products to purchase and place and pay for your order.
- Depending on what you buy, your order will be here in 2-4 weeks. I'll let you know when everything's in and schedule a pickup date.
Do you 'Photoshop' my photos?
Every photo in your gallery will be retouched to some extent. Common edits include making sure whites look white, correcting exposure, brightness and contrast, removing blemishes, softening skin (since my digital camera picks up things that aren't visible to the naked eye), cleaning up undereye circles and smoothing bumps caused by clothing.
We don't do Photoshop plastic surgery, remove your skin texture or make you look 10 years younger. My professional female editor retouches with a light hand so you look natural, refreshed and, well, like yourself.
Will my boudoir photos be on the Internet?
How many outfits are included?
I photograph you in 3 looks. Outfits can be regular clothing, lingerie, white sheets or fine art nude/bodyscape.
Do I provide my outfits?
Yes. I give you to best flatter your body type and create the mood and look you want. You bring your own lingerie, outfits, shoes and accessories to your session, and then we collaborate on your styling for each look. I do have a nice shoe and jewelry wardrobe you can pull from if those are items you don't use regularly.
Who does my hair and makeup?
Professional hairstyling, makeup application and false eyelashes are complimentary and required with your Boudoir Session. I use only licensed hair and makeup artists. Your luxurious makeover gives you time to relax and feel pampered.
Can I bring Someone else to my boudoir shoot?
Nope. Having people who are not being photographed at your session is distracting for both of us. I want you feel relaxed and focused on taking this time for yourself.
Where does the session take place?
I have a beautiful residential photography studio located near I-225 and Parker Road in Aurora, Colo. You come here for your your session and your ordering appointment.
When do you offer sessions? How long do they last?
Boudoir Sessions are available on Thursdays, Fridays and occasional Saturdays starting at 10am. Plan to be here for a half-day (this includes wardrobe styling, hair and makeup, and on-camera time.)
What types of products do you offer?
I offer albums, fine art desk and wall display and digital portraits.
How much should I expect to spend?
Most women spend at least 2,000 on their session and boudoir display products. Your minimum investment for the session and a small album will be 1200. Be prepared to love all of your photos, and if that's a little out of your budget, consider an installment plan so you can have exactly what you want.
When do I get to see my photographs?
About 1 week after your session, you'll return to my studio for your reveal and ordering appointment*. You'll need to finalize your order at this session. I offer flexible payment terms for orders of 1000+.
*If you don't live in metro-Denver, we may be able to do your ordering appointment via video conference.
I'm doing this for a special occasion. How much lead time do I need?
I prefer to shoot Boudoir Sessions at least 4 weeks before the date you need your finished product. I can do an all-digital order within 1 week if you're a last-minute planner, or printed products can be ordered on a rush (fees will vary).
Well, let's get in touch with each other, why don't we?
Option 1: Schedule a free consultation with me so I can answer any other questions and you can make sure I'm the right photographer for you.
Option 2: Book your session online using my handy-dandy calendar
Option 3: If you don't like online forms, you can call me at 720-213-6476 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I do my best to get back to you that same business day, and if not, the next one.