The most-asked questions ... and answers
How does it work?
- Book your session with me by paying the session fee and picking your shoot date.
- We'll get together shortly thereafter at my studio or by the magic of technology to plan your custom session, including what to wear.
- On your session day, you'll arrive at my studio at 10am. I'll help you finalize your 3 looks, then you'll have your hair and makeup done by an ah-mazing artist. Mimosa?
- When you've approved your styling, I walk you through some posing practice, and then we get started with photography! I photograph you in 3 looks. You're out the door around 2:30pm.
- You come back to the studio about 1 week after your shoot for your Big Reveal and Ordering Appointment. You'll see your fully retouched images, select your favorites, decide what products to purchase and place and pay for your order.
- Depending on what you buy, your order will be here in 2-4 weeks. I'll let you know when everything's in and schedule a pickup date.
Do you 'Photoshop' my photos?
YES! I think Photoshop is awesome when it is used with a light hand and in a way that draws your eye to your beauty. I work with a female professional retoucher who knows how to remove the cellulite dimple on your thigh while making you look refreshed, natural and, well, like yourself. Blemishes and dark eye circles? Gone! Bruises and scratches? Gone! Stretch marks and cellulite will be softened so they're barely noticeable.
What we don't do: Completely remove skin folds, reshape your body, remove all skin texture so you look like an alien, make you look 10 years younger. Also: removing tan lines, fixing fake tans (aka Oompa Loompa skin), and removing tattoos require an extra fee.
Will my boudoir photos be on the Internet?
How many outfits are included?
I photograph you in 2 outfits, and you also get a complimentary "in the sheets" or fine art nude set.
Do I provide my outfits?
Yes. You bring your own lingerie, outfits, shoes and accessories to your session, and then we collaborate on your styling for each look. I do have a nice shoe and jewelry wardrobe you can pull from if those are items you don't use regularly.
Who does my hair and makeup?
Professional hair styling, makeup application and false eyelashes are complimentary and required with your Boudoir Session. I use only licensed hair and makeup artists. Your luxurious makeover happens at my studio and gives you time to relax and feel pampered.
Can I bring Someone else to my boudoir shoot?
Nope. Having people who are not being photographed at your session is distracting for both of us. I want you feel relaxed and focused on taking this time for yourself. (You're welcome to bring one incredibly supportive cheerleader-type person to your ordering appointment. But only one.)
Where does the session take place?
At my private residential photography studio located near I-225 and Parker Road in Aurora, Colo. You come here for your planning meeting, your photoshoot and your ordering appointment.
What types of photo products do you offer?
I offer digital photos, albums, and fine art desk and wall display.
How much should I expect to spend?
Most women spend about 2200 on their photo session and boudoir photo products. Be prepared to love all of your photos, and if that's a little out of your budget, consider an installment plan for your photos (I offer no-interest payment terms over 60 days for orders of 1000+), or apply for PayPal Credit before your ordering appointment so you can have exactly what you want.
When do I get to see my photographs?
About 1 week after your session, you'll return to my studio for your reveal and ordering appointment*. You'll need to finalize your order at this session, including full payment unless you decide to enter into an installment plan.
*If you don't live in metro-Denver, we may be able to do your ordering appointment via video conference.
I'm doing this for a special occasion. How much lead time do I need?
I prefer to shoot Boudoir Sessions at least 4 weeks before the date you need your finished printed photos. I can do an all-digital order within 1 week if you're a last-minute planner, or printed products can be ordered on a rush (fees will vary).
Well, let's get in touch with each other, why don't we?