How it works (Signature Boudoir Sessions)
My Signature Boudoir Sessions are an investment in an experience that (I hope) will help you see yourself in new light and even transform how you feel about your beauty and sensuality.
I want to take care of every detail during your boudoir session to make sure that you feel supported and comfortable from start to finish. My goal is to create a fun experience that allows you to express your true and authentic self. Here’s what to expect with your Signature Boudoir Session photoshoot.
1. Session planning appointment
Signature Boudoir Sessions: We start several weeks ahead with a consult to answer that all-important questions, “What do I wear?” and "How do I prepare?" We'll talk about how you want to feel and how you want to look, if there are any fantasies or themes you want to play with ... This session is about YOU expressing yourself. Then you go shopping! I have resources for where to buy lingerie for all body types, too. Also at this meeting, you'll see all of the photo products I offer so you can start thinking about what you'll purchase at the end.
2. Session Day!
- I will help you style your outfits, putting individual pieces together with shoes and jewelry.
- If you've booked a Signature Boudoir Session, you'll enjoy a complimentary mimosa (if you'd like) while one of my talented, licensed hair and makeup artists pampers you and makes you camera-ready-gorgeous. Minisessions can add professional makeup for a fee.
- Then, we'll also do a visualization exercise to get you into the right frame of mind (which is actually getting out of your head and into your body).
- As I photograph you, I'll guide you through every movement. No modeling experience necessary! You do not have to worry about where to look, what to do with your hands, or how to make a “sexy” face. Trust me, I'm an expert!
After you leave, I'll pick my favorite images of you and send them to my female retoucher. While we don't do Photoshop plastic surgery, we make sure that anything I wouldn't want to see in a photo of me (cellulite, stretch marks, etc.) are softened. Please be sure to tell me about scars or other marks you'd like to have softened. Before (left) and After (right) samples of editing by my professional retoucher.
4. Reveal & Ordering Appointment
You'll come back to my studio* about a week after your session for your gallery reveal and to select your portraits and purchase your products. I offer a la carte albums, printed art and digital products, starting at $750 for Signature Boudoir Sessions and $300 for Minisessions.
If you order an album, we'll design it on the spot so you can approve it and I can order it quickly.
Plan about an hour and a half for this appointment (including album design), longer if you bring a supportive friend or partner, or if you're a "slow decider." Minisessions take about 45 minutes.
5. Product Pickup
When your products are in, I'll get in touch to set a pick-up time at my studio. If you live outside the Denver-Boulder metro area, I will ship direct to you. If coming back to the studio is inconvenient, you do have an option for me to ship or deliver it to you for an additional per-item fee. At this appointment, I'll also interview you for my blog (if you've given me permission to share photos and you're game to tell your story).